Thursday, August 12, 2010

3 Things About Islam

About 7 years ago, I worked with a guy who I considered pretty smart. He had designed a couple of credit scoring and risk management software programs, and sold his company to Fair Issac. I commuted to work from another state, so I was without my family during the week and we used to have deep conversations late into the night about politics and religion. He was a big believer in education and was pursuing his Ph.d in Comparative Religious Studies, just to have something to do in is spare time. Our conversations on the Bible and religion often turned toward Islam, as he had a deep conviction that Islam was something to be feared and watched, that it was more then a religion and had strong political and social agendas. When the night got late and he had to go home to his family, he always ended the conversation by encouraging me to do my own research. Since then I've done quite a bit of research on Islam, even spending a week's vacation reading through several books that I had added to my library and reading several research papers on the impact that Muslim immigration was having on European countries.

I learned that my friend was right. I encourage you to watch this video, and if you believe that I'm exaggerating or have some type of religious bigotry, then I'll say to you the same thing my friend said to me on those late nights over beers, if you don't believe me do your own research and prove me wrong.


Thank you Alan.


No comments: